The first hospital in Seneca Kansas was actually a ward located above a store on Seneca's Main Street. The following is taken from the booklet, "A History of Nemaha Valley Community Hospital, 1943-1989.
"At that time (1940), there was a small, privately owned hospital facility on the second florr of a Main Street building, but the services it could offer were limited. That hospital had been started a few years earlier by Dr. Conrad Barnes who was being assisted in its operation by Dr. Harry Gray and a small staff."
This small hospital ward served the community of Seneca until the Seneca hospital opened on September 14, 1943.
Transcription of Memory Lane